Monday, April 5, 2010

Spotlight: Rio Dae 2 a.m.

Rio and I have been good friends since we were infants, and it just so happens that we both decided to go into the fashion industry. I have always admired her style and I was so excited when she came out with her own line: Rio Dae 2 a.m. She specializes in women's couture (prom and weddings) and dance costumes. I love how she is willing to take on any challenge and that all of her designs are unique. I jumped at the opportunity to ask her some fun questions about her style and passions. She is definitely a busy girl and was making a batch of prom dresses as we spoke, but as always, she was happy to help!



Some of the gorgeous dresses Rio has done for fashion shows.

Q: If you could meet anyone in the world, who would it be and what would you say to them?
A: If I could meet anyone it would be Robert Craig Knievel a.k.a. Evel Knievel and I would ask him about living life, as I think he had (R.I.P.) a great perspective.

Q: Who is your favorite designer & why?
A: "My favorite designer is hard to say. I love the crazy-fun chic-ness that is Betsy Johnson, but Dior never fails to impress me as well."

Q: Where do you get inspiration?
A: "My inspirations come from fabrics, actually. I'll be looking around the fabric store and I'll see a certain pattern, or feel a particular hand of cloth and know exactly how I want it to fit, drape, and coordinate with other pieces."

Q: What is your favorite article of clothing that you own and couldn't live without?
A: "Booty shorts! If I'm not dressed up I like to live comfy in some shorts. But for fancy time, I love my little black dress. I made it a couple years ago, round gathered neckline, empire waist, just above the knee with short puff sleeves and a cute little asymmetrical skull on the back. It can be made professional with a cardigan, sexy with some stockings, or casual with flip flops. Perfect for diversity! I'm actually wearing it tomorrow!"



Rio hard at work. Isn't she the cutest!

No comments:

Post a Comment